Thursday, July 26, 2007

Food Art


My friend Karen of www.beadkeepers.com recently sent me a link to Das Foods, a website that sells salts from around the world and homemade caramels, finished with salts. The pictures of these caramels are so enticing, they feel like art you can eat. The salt crystals, like glitter, scattered over the tops of these luscious caramels sucked me right in. I ordered some salts and the ginger/pistachio caramels, I have to try them. There is an art to presentation, on nights when I can leisurely make a family meal, I try to add something to make it special, and that usually means garnishes and contrasting colors. Do we all want to add art to whatever part of our day that we can? I'd like to think so, although time can be such an issue. I'll let you know how the caramels are when they get here!

No comments: