Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Irony...

So, I get started on a new blog, have lots of wonderful summer plans with my kids and family, dying to make art and then on the kids last day of school, I tore my ACL and MCL, two VERY important ligaments in my right knee. So I have been unable to use my computer until yesterday, since my knee wouldn't bend enough to let me sit at the computer, sigh. But today is a great day, I have been going to physical therapy for almost 4 weeks and since my ligament tears were only partials, I probably won't need surgery, yippee!

I signed up for a class with my friend Rebecca at her studio that started last week. It is a visual journal class, and last night was the second class. It is once a week for 6 weeks. I am really enjoying it so far, feels good to create something again. Now I get to explore how this injury is going to impact my art this summer and fall. Should be interesting. I feel like I need some Mexican milagros, the little "miracle" metal charms Mexican catholics buy when they are praying for some kind of miracle healing. They would be wonderful in my journal I'm thinking...

No comments: