Monday, July 23, 2007

Paper Towel Art




Today I had a lovely visit with my friend Julie, we followed some great directions in a new magazine to create some new paper towel art paper. It involved reinkers, plastic, a brayer, paper towels, and water. When I left, a couple sheets had dried, but they should all be dry by now. I'll see the results tomorrow, when we then rubber stamp the heck out of them to finish the effects. I have to say it was absolutely a ball to play with inks, dyes, water and paper. I felt like a kid in preschool, only with control and intention at my side. I will take a photo of the paper tomorrow and post it later. I want to cover a few items with m new paper, modge podge style, and then add some rhinestones, newprint punches and a few more things for a great layered look. I think everyone should create something everyday. Could be anything, just let it out and get in the habit of creating, you'll become your own inspiration over time.

I am thinking of purchasing the Paper book above to add to my library. The projects look like fun and very achievable. So many things to do with handmade papers...

No comments: