Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Art Therapy



Enjoyed my Visual Journal class tonight. More gluing, cutting, writing and drawing. Focusing on my intention to "get a regular" job next month. I really need a job that requires some kind of creativity and lots of it! Felt good to explore some of this through my class, in my journal. A lot like therapy, only I'm both the patient and therapist. Good to get out my hopes and fears and then look at them and go forward. So hard to make a living as an artist, but there are a few good careers around that let you include your artist persona. At this point, I'm looking at web design. More about writing the code than actually doing much design, but I have to see what I can do once I learn how to use various codes and programs. Might have to take some art classes down the line, but I won't mind a bit.

By the way, Happy Birthday Lynn and Maggie!

No comments: