Sunday, April 5, 2009

Road Tripping From Michigan to Georgia


Wow,
We had a wonderful trip! I think road tripping is sooo underrated. A cooler full of sandwiches and a case of water, what else do you need besides a camera and a full tank of gas? Ok, a map can be useful as well I admit. But after Michigan, we just followed I-75 and did just fine. I already posted my brother's home, where we were camped out for our trip, it is a beauty, thanks again to my brother Liano, you were a wonderful host!
When we first arrived in Milton, Georgia, we stopped at a darling little shop called The Paisley Farmhouse. It was full of adorable and charming gifts and home decor, lots of Easter treasures too. Dianne Harvey is th e owner, she is the one in this first photo of the shop. I highly recommend stopping by if you are in the neighborhood, my girls and I were just delighted with her shop.
We also stopped by My Sister's Gifts, another wonderful Milton, Georgia, shop. They were so friendly and had lots of samples of local foods, we loved the raspberry chocolate bark and locally made miniature cookies. Bought some peach preserves, lavender tea and a southern praline. They are located right next door to The Paisley Farmhouse. In the same little shopping district, was a wonderful pizza place called "I  NY Pizza," where we had some of the best Pizza and the Garlic Knots were out of this world, definitely stop by and try this place, even my pickiest kid loved it! They don't have a website I could find, so here is the address and phone number, you can Google it! 980 Birmingham Rd, Milton, GA 30004 (770) 442-9699. Cupcakes!We also stopped by the local
Whole Foods Market and there was a
showcase of cupcakes that I had to photograph,
either that or buy them all and eat 'em!

And then we hit the Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world! It was amazing, we were in awe
of all the wonderful animals, exhibits and information. I think we spend five hours there, at least. I have a lot of Aquarium photos, so I'll just post one today and a slide show tomorrow. The trip was very inspiring, so much to see and do and learn in just a few days. The family time was priceless, they really do grow so fast. The oldest is already out of the house, he was missed, but he was visiting his grandparents in Texas, so I know he had a great time for spring break too. I think it is time to revisit my jellyfish pendants...Sea Horse at Atlanta Aquarium

No comments: